According to the Article 10 of the Law of Ukraine on Copyright and Related rights this work is in the public domain within Ukraine because it is one of the following:
- (a) daily news or details of current events that constitute regular press information;
- (b) works of folk art (folklore);
- (c) official documents of a political, legislative or administrative nature (laws, decrees, resolutions, court awards, State standards, etc.) issued by government authorities within their powers, and official translations thereof;
- (d) State symbols of Ukraine, government awards; symbols and signs of government authorities, the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other military formations; symbols of territorial communities; symbols and signs of enterprises, institutions and organizations;
- (e) bank notes;
- (f) transport schedules, TV and radio broadcast schedules, telephone directories and other similar databases that do not meet the originality criteria and to which the sui generis right (a particular or special right) is applicable.
Note that drafts of anything that falls under sections (d) and (e), unless officially approved are under copyright.
Hence it is assumed that this image has been released into the public domain worldwide. However use of this image within Ukraine might be subject to usage restrictions regulated by other laws.