Welcome to the event page of the vaccination edit-a-thon! The Vaccination edit-a-thon is a month long event to create content related to vaccination on Wikipedia. The event spans from 8 to 31 May, 2021.
The World Health Organization has named vaccine hesitancy, or anti-vaccination, as one of the top ten threats to global health in 2019. At the same time, the spread of health-related misinformation has fuelled concerns about the potential dangers or inefficacy of vaccines.
Wikipedia is an important resource for up-to-date, accurate vaccine information, and it is currently one of the most frequently visited sites for healthcare information worldwide. Malayalam Wikimedians are now conducting a month-long edit-a-thon to expand Malayalam Wikipedia’s vaccine-related content. The partners in this initiative are NewsQ’s KNoW Science initiative, WHO’s Vaccine Safety Net, Wikimedia DC, Infoclinic and Centre for Internet and Society.
The event will be open to anyone interested in promoting accurate vaccine information online. Training will be provided in Malayalam and English- so no experience is necessary to join the event!
- 8 May 2021 18:00 to 21:00 IST
- Register via Eventbrite
- KNoW Science Overview : Andrea Bras (2 min)
- Wikimedia DC Introduction (2 min)
- CIS-A2K Introduction: Tito Dutta (2 min)
- Infoclinic Introduction: Dr. Arun M.A (2 min)
- Inauguration event
- The event will be inaugurated by Dr. Ajay Balachandran, Professor, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kerala by making the first edit. (4 min)
- Introduction to event page and editing training
- Introduction in English : Ariel Cetrone, Wikimedia DC
- Introduction in Malayalam : Ranjith Siji, Administrator, Malayalam Wikipedia
- Editing time