According to the Republic of Latvia Copyright law
(passed on April 6, 2000 and amended on March 6, 2003) Section 6: "The following shall not be protected by copyright:
- 1) regulatory enactments and administrative rulings, other documents issued by the State and Local Governments and adjudications of courts (laws, court judgements, decisions and other official documents), as well as official translations of such texts;
- 2) State approved as well as internationally recognised official symbols and signs (flags, Coats of Arms, anthems, decorations, bank notes, and the like), the use of which is subject to specific regulatory enactments;
- 3) maps, the preparation and use of which are determined by regulatory enactments;
- 4) information provided in the press, radio or television broadcasts or other information media concerning news of the day and various facts and events; and
- 5) ideas, methods, processes and mathematical concepts."
Hence it is assumed that this image has been released into the public domain worldwide. However use of this image within Latvia might be subject to usage restrictions regulated by other laws.